All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Poor man. Rich man. Dead man.</b> It sounded like a fairy tale: A homeless man named Abraham Shakespeare spent his last dollars on a Florida State lottery ticket and miraculously won $31 million. Unprepared for his newfound fortune, Abraham hired Dorice Dee Dee Moore to help manage his winnings and field the numerous requests for loans and assistance that he received. But somehow, Dee Dee was the only one benefitting. When Abraham quietly disappeared from his home in Florida, friends and family grew suspicious though he could t read or write, his only form of contact was through odd letters and texts. But it wasn t until investigators began to question Dee Dee about her role in Abraham s finances that a complicated web of lies and the desperate lengths to which one woman would go to cover it up was exposed
- Author BiographyAfter working as a deadline reporter for twenty-seven years (including a seven-year stint as White House Correspondent during the Clinton years), veteran journalist and author <b>Deborah Mathis </b>studied under a Shorenstein Fellowship at Harvard, taught at Northwestern University s prestigious Medill School of Journalism, was Communications Director at the Public Justice Foundation, wrote a weekly column for BlackAmericaWeb.com, and is the author of three books: <i>Yet A Stranger: Why Black Americans Still Don t Feel at Home</i>, <i>What God Can Do</i>, and <i>Sole Sisters: the Joys and Pains of Single Black Women</i>. <b>Gregory Todd Smith</b> is a native of Polk County, Florida. A self-made man, he enjoys a thriving barber practice in Lakeland, Florida.
- Author(s)Deborah Mathis,Gregory Todd Smith
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width107 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.