All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrones have become the controversial new weapon of choice for the US military abroad. Unmanned details the causes and deadly consequences of this terrifying new development in warfare, and explores the implications for international law and global peace. Ann Rogers and John Hill argue that drones represent the first truly globalised techlogy of war. The book shows how unmanned systems are changing t simply how wars are fought, but the meaning of conflict itself. Providing an unparalleled account of new forms of 21st century imperial warfare, Unmanned shows how drone systems dissolve the conventional obstacles of time and space that have traditionally shaped conflict in the international system. It considers the possibility that these weapons will become rmalised in global conflict, raising the spectre of new, unpredictable and unaccountable forms of warfare.
- Author BiographyAnn Rogers teaches International Relations and Media Studies at Royal Roads University, Canada. She is the author of Secrecy and Power in the British State (Pluto, 1997). John Hill was formerly the China Watch editor for Jane's Intelligence Review, and has reported widely on security matters for a range of Jane's publications.
- Author(s)Ann Rogers,John Hill
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight249 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.