Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph is the most comprehensive study of child care for families of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in the United States. It shows that families with children with ASD are very much like other families but have much higher levels of unmet needs. The study describes how the lack of trained supply of child care providers results in severe impacts on parental employment and high levels of child care related stress both at home and at work. The study explores child care policy making in the context of the US liberal welfare state model and calls for a fuller implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act on behalf of children with ASD in all child care environments.
- Author BiographyGuillermo Montes Ph.D. is Director of Research at Children's Institute Inc. and Associate Professor at the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. School of Education, St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY. He is an economist interested in social and educational policy to benefit children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Author(s)Dr Guillermo Montes
- PublisherChildren's Institute Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChildren's Institute Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.