All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow an Amazon Best Kids' Books of 2016 pick! Balancing your child's screen time can be difficult, especially when it comes to wildly popular, open-ended video games like Minecraft. Minecraft offers players an environment focused on exploration, imagination, and creation, but its nlinear game structure can mean spending a lot of time in the game. Ufficial Minecraft Lab for Kids includes a variety of creative exercises that explore the game's aspects and uses them to teach fun, educational lessons. You will start the book by brushing up on some common Minecraft language and examining each of the four game modes: survival, creative, adventure, and spectator. Then, you'll use this kwledge to venture off onto the six different quests that encourage child and adult participation. These gamified labs will allow your child to earn stickers and badges as rewards as they complete quests. You'll even learn how to screencast and narrate your own videos to share with family and friends! Ufficial Minecraft Lab for Kids provides a fun, educational gaming goals that you and your child can reach together!
- Author BiographyJohn Miller holds multiple and single subject credentials in history and science. He has been a middle school teacher for over 20 years and has taught every subject in grades 6-8. He also holds a Masters degree from San Diego State University in Educational Technology and Instructional Design and is a Google Certified Teacher, San Luis Obispo County CUE (Computer Using Educators) Board President, and a CUE Lead Learner. John is a featured presenter at conferences and workshops around the country. He loves teaching 21st-century skills to his students, and his passions include student blogging, e-learning, Minecraft in the classroom, photography, Apple, and Google. John is a contributor to Minecraft in the Classroom (Peachpit Press, 10/14). Chris Scott works to design the classroom culture and environment. He is an authorized Google Education Trainer, Google Certified Teacher, President of Santa Barbara CUE, CUE Lead Learner and a CK-12 Champion. He loves using Design Thinking, Agile project management process in the class, and seeing his students enter the flow of learning. He loves to help others in their educational journey. You'll find Chris at conferences around the world presenting on classroom culture, technology, and design.
- Author(s)Chris Scott,John Miller
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleHands-on Family
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Note200 color photos
- Weight454 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.