All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn <i>Unplayable Lies, </i> Dan Jenkins takes us on a tour of the links as only he can do it. Here, Dan delves into the greatest rounds of golf he's ever seen, the funniest things said on a golf course, the rivalries on tour and in the press box, the game's most magical moments and its most absurd. Filled with well-kwn characters like Tiger Woods, to others like Titanic Thompson gambler, golf hustler, accused murderer, legendary storyteller <i>Unplayable Lies</i> is an ode to the game of golf and the people who play it. But it is Dan Jenkins, so thing even the game itself can escape his wrath, his critical eye, or his acerbic pen. This isDan Jenkins at his best, writing about the sport he loves the most.
- Author BiographyDan Jenkins is one of America's most acclaimed sportswriters as well as a bestselling novelist. A native Texan, he has spent a lifetime at the typewriter and computer. He might best be known for his twenty-four years of stories in<i>Sports Illustrated</i>and now<i>Golf Digest</i>. Three of his bestselling novels, <i>Semi-Tough</i>, <i>Dead Solid Perfect</i>, and<i>Baja Oklahoma</i>, were made into movies. His sportswriting has won him many awards. In 2012 he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame one of only three writers to be honored thus far and was given the PEN Lifetime Achievement Award for Literary Sports Writing. He is also the 2013 winner of the Red Smith Award, the highest honor in his profession.
- Author(s)MR Dan Jenkins
- PublisherAnchor Books
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleAnchorsports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.