All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of political poems, dealing with the struggles for democracy and dignity in many countries, but mostly centered on South Africa and the surrounding nations. Peter Midgley has written strong lyric poems, moving between languages and countries, pulling the reader along with him. He does rest, occasionally, in a love poem, or a more contemplative work, but the strength of the book is in its fierce questioning, its refusal to look away from suffering.
- Author BiographyPeter Midgley is an author, editor and playwright based in Edmonton. His plays have been performed in Namibia and South Africa. Born in Namibia and raised there and in South Africa, he came to Canada in 1999 with his family to pursue his studies and found himself staying.
- Author(s)Peter Midgley
- PublisherWolsak and Wynn
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolsak and Wynn
- Weight91 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.