All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionUnraveling and Reweaving Sacred Can in Africana Womanhood, a pioneering collection of essays by continental and diasporan African women, emerges from conversations about black female wellbeing and religious ideas in oral, written, and embodied forms. Through essays that affirm words and practices that enhance women's lives, contributors challenge traditional conceptions of sacred texts to untangle beneficial statements and uses of religious ideas from harmful patterns of employing religion and religious texts to diminish, disempower, and subjugate women and girls.
- Author BiographyRosetta E. Ross is professor of religion at Spelman College. Rose Mary Amenga-Etego is senior lecturer in religious studies at the Department for the Study of Religions, University of Ghana, Legon.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleFeminist Studies and Sacred Texts
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight535 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRose Mary Amenga-Etego,Rosetta E. Ross
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.