All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReturning to the Scarborough family mythology that she created in Impossible, Nancy Werlin in Unthinkable follows Fenella, the first Scarborough girl to be cursed by the Elfin Knight centuries ago, who has been living a miserable life of eternal purgatory in the faerie realm ever since. Now she will at last be allowed to die if she can accomplish three tasks of destruction against the Scarborough family. If she doesn't succeed, she will again be a slave to the Elfin Knight, and the family curse will begin all over again. But what happens when Fenella discovers how deeply she loves her family?
- Author BiographyNancy Werlin writes YA fiction that ranges from realistic fiction to suspense to fantasy, often breaking the boundaries between genres. Her books have gathered awards too numerous to mention, but including National Book award finalist, Edgar award winner and finalist, New York Times bestseller, L.A. Book Prize finalist, and IndieBound Top Ten.Nancy's first novel, Are You Alone on Purpose, was a Publishers Weekly Flying Start pick. Of Nancy's suspense fiction, Sarah Weinman says, Chances are, many of you haven't heard of this author. That would be a shame, because she's simply one of the best crime novelists going right now. Period. These titles are where Nancy habitually breaks genre-separation rules and include The Rules of Survival (a National Book Award finalist), The Killer's Cousin (Edgar award winner), Locked Inside (Edgar award nominee), Black Mirror (which the Washington Post called an edge-of-your seat thriller ), and Double Helix (named to multiple best-of-year book lists). Nancy's unusual fantasy fiction was inspired by the ballad Scarborough Fair and includes the loose trilogy Impossible (a New York Times bestseller), Extraordinary (featuring a rare thing in fantasy fiction: a Jewish heroine), and her personal beloved, Unthinkable. For fun, Nancy also writes and draws a graphic memoir in comics, using her Tumblr to self-publish an episode three times a week. Her favorite book in all the world is Jane Eyre. A graduate of Yale, Nancy lives near Boston, Massachusetts with her husband.
- Author(s)Nancy Werlin
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date17/05/2016
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.