Until I Say Good-bye: My Year of Living With Joy by Bret Witter, Susan Spencer-Wendel (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERAs inspirational as Tuesdays with Morrie and The Last Lecture ...What would you do with one year to live? Susan Spencer-Wendel was determined to laugh instead of cry.In 2011, she learned she had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis disease -(ALS) - Lou Gehrig's disease - an irreversible condition that systematically destroys the nerves that power the muscles. Susan was just 44-years-old, with three young children, and she had only one year of health remaining. She decided to live that year with joy.She left her job as a journalist and spent time with her family. She built a meeting place for friends in her backyard. And she took seven trips with the seven most important people in her life. As her health declined, Susan journeyed to the Yukon, Hungary, the Bahamas, and Cyprus. She went to the beach with her sons and to Kleinfeld's bridal shop in New York City with her teenage daughter, Marina, for a glimpse of the wedding she would never attend.She also wrote this book. No longer able to walk or even lift her arms, she tapped it out letter by letter on her iPhone using only her right thumb, the last finger still working.And yet Until I Say Good-Bye is t angry or bitter. It is sad in parts - how could it t be? - but it is filled with Susan's optimism, joie de vivre and sens of humour. It is a book that, like Susan, will make everyone smile. From a hilarious family Christmas disaster to the decrepit monastery in eastern Cyprus where she rediscovered her heritage, Until I Say Good-Bye is Susan Spencer-Wendel's unforgettable gift to her loved ones and to us: a record of their final experiences together and a reminder that every day is better when it is lived with joy. Susan died in 2014 with a life lived to the full.
- Author BiographySusan Spencer-Wendel was an award-winning journalist at the Palm Beach Post for almost twenty years before being diagnosed with ALS at the age of 44. A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, she held a master's degree in journalism from the University of Florida, was honoured for her work by the Society of Professional Journalists and the Florida Press Club, and received a lifetime achievement award for her court reporting from the Florida Bar. Until I Say Good-Bye, her memoir of living with an incurable disease, was a New York Times bestseller and has been translated in over 20 languages. She lived in West Palm Beach, Florida, with her husband and three children. facebook.com/UntilISayGoodbye Bret Witter has collaborated on five New York Times bestsellers. he lives in Decatur, Georgia. www.bretwitter.com
- Author(s)Bret Witter,Susan Spencer-Wendel
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTwo Roads
- Weight282 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.