Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionA leading exponent of art jewellery worldwide, Thomas Gentille is one of the leading lights of studio jewellery in the United States. In the late 1950s the American artist was the first to use vel combinations of plastic, aluminium, wood, papier mache, sawdust, silk, glass balls and air - instead of gold, silver and precious stones. Gentille calls into question the value of precious metals in jewellery and the way they are appraised. He also objects to a chrological approach to his works. His pieces are one-offs, which are often unique in their closeness to sculpture and architecture. A remarkable feature is the 'eggshell' technique Gentille has developed, with which he creates astonishing crackle effects. With more than 180 jewellery objects and drawings, this book represents the first comprehensive retrospective of his life's work.
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- Languageeng, ger
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note200 colour
- Weight1070 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAngelika Nollert,Die Neue Sammlung
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.