All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains in-depth or comparative case studies of specific occupations in America and other countries. The special emphasis of this collection is upon unusual occupations and unusually organized occupations. Through the focus on the unusual, our volume brings into focus the usual taken-for-grantedness of the occupational world, which is typically seen only from the focus on prestigious professions. Included are analyses of tattoo artists, exotic dancers, sex workers, correctional officers, catholic liturgists, marginalized computer workers, university professors in foreign military extension programs, product protectors, traveling nurses and clerical temporary workers. The audience for this book includes university students and faculty.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication31/07/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Research on Occupations & Professions S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHelena Lopata,Kevin D. Henson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.