Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionTo find an example of a full and successful, yet unconventional, military career, one need look further than Lieutenant-General 'Jim' Wilson. In this book, he has selected six episodes from his military career and related them in detail, demonstrating that, whatever the stakes and they were often high, Jim Wilson managed to bring a lightness of touch and humour to any situation. Luckly he may have been on many occasions but, talent, character and initiative regularly saved the day. This is an absorbing memoir which will both entertain and inform.
- Author BiographyLieutenant General Sir James Wilson KBE, MC, DL was educated at Winchester College and New College, Oxford. He served with The Rifle Brigade in North Africa and Italy during the Second World War and in India, Pakistan, Cyprus amongst other theatres. He was the Football correspondent of The Sunday Times from 1957-1990, while still serving in a variety of increasingly senior posts. Now retired, he lives in Fulham, South West London. He is a Deputy Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire.
- Author(s)James Wilson
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight653 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.