All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a group of fair weather yachtsmen, most of them well beyond the prime of life, set out on what ought to be a week's easy cruising along the Dalmatian coast, little do they suspect what fate has in store for them. Imagine their surprise at having to face a catalogue of assorted accidents, mishaps and misadventures that would reduce lesser men to tears. Up your Chuff is a comic account of sailing's lesser kwn perils, of fortitude in adversity, a blow-up sheep and sea-toilets. Beware, however: this is t a book for the squeamish or those of a nervous disposition.
- Author BiographyAnthony Graves was born in Kenya in 1948, the son of a War Office civil servant. He was educated at Ifield Grammar School in Sussex and Keble College, Oxford, where he read Modern Languages. After initially embarking on a teaching career in South Wales, he took time out to obtain a postgraduate degree in German Literature from Bristol University. On returning to teaching, he began writing in his spare time, and since retirement has combined this with a long established love of all things nautical. Following an encounter with a motley crew of like-minded individuals, he has added occasional yachting to his pastimes, and has sailed not only in British and Irish waters but also, more recently, in the Mediterranean and Adriatic. Up your Chuff is the fruit of various experiences undergone over the years with some or all of these larger than life characters.
- Author(s)Anthony Graves
- PublisherGrogham Books
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCrickhowell
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrogham Books
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.92Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $10.85Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.