All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Ronald Sukenick's first vel, <i>UP</i>, came out in 1968, post-modernism, avant-pop and autofiction hadn't been invented yet. <i>UP</i> invented them. Ronald Sukenick's ten subsequent books are typically twenty or thirty years ahead of their time, and UP is more timely than ever. Ronald Sukenick is himself the main character of his book, in which he glides undisturbed from present to future, from reality to fantasy. Some of the time he's an adolescent Brooklynite, at other times a part-time English teacher, a struggling writer living in a Lower East Side tenement, or a fantasist deftly moving in and out of numerous alter egos. His comings and goings produce a stunning tour de force of a vel mutius, violent, sexy, sad, and above all, funny.
- Author Biography<b>Ronald Sukenick </b>(1932- 2004)<b>, </b>a writer whose novels and stories over a 38 year time spanhave been credited with breaking new ground. Sukenick was an English professor and creative writing directoratthe University of Colorado. He founded The Fiction Collective, an avant-garde publishing house, and was founding editor of The American Book Review.
- Author(s)Ronald Sukenick
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication30/12/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFiction Collective Two
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.