CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionStories of flying in coastal British Columbia and western Canada. Exploration off the grid in a region where mountains drop into the sea and lifestyles focus on self-reliance and a different sense of purpose. A book meant for pilots and pilots-at-heart. The geography of the Powell River area serves as the backdrop for stories of flying in remote areas of Canada where people are isolated from the bustle of the surrounding world. Recreation stories for the stout of heart with a desire for wilderness adventure. These regional stories share common threads that paint a unique picture of the Powell River area and its inhabitants. Numerous maps and photos accompany the stories, broken into 14 chapters. Non-pilots will love the chance to take the controls of a small airplane and explore coastal British Columbia.
- Author BiographyFrom 1980 to 2005, Wayne Lutz held the position of Chairman of the Aeronautics Department at Mount San Antonio College in Los Angeles. He led the college's Flying Team to championships as Top Community College in the United States seven times. He has also served 20 years as a U.S. Air Force C-130 aircraft maintenance officer. His educational background includes a B.S. degree in physics from the University of Buffalo and an M.S. in systems management from the University of Southern California. The author is a flight instructor with 7000 hours of flying experience. In the past three decades, he has spent summers in Canada, exploring remote regions in his Piper Arrow, camping next to his airplane. Wayne resides in a floating cabin on Canada's Powell Lake and in a city-folk condo in Los Angeles. His writing genres include regional Canadian publications and science fiction. The author's next book, Up the Inlet, is scheduled for release in June 2008.
- Author(s)Wayne J Lutz
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.