All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe girls - Rube, Lily and Sylvie - work at McCrindle's sweet factory during the week and on Saturday they go up the Junction in their clattering stilettos, think about new frocks on H.P., drink tea in the cafe, and talk about their boyfriends. In these uninhibited, spirited vignettes of young women's lives in the shabby parts of South London in the sixties, money is scarce and enjoyment to be grabbed while it can.
- Author BiographyNell Dunn was born in 1936 and educated at a convent, which she left at the age of fourteen. She shot to fame with POOR COW (1967) and UP THE JUNCTION (1963), both of which became successful films. UP THE JUNCTION won the John Llewellyn Rhys prize.
- Author(s)Nell Dunn
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVMC
- Series Part/Volume Number37
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight74 g
- Width176 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.