Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're using PHP 4, then chances are good that an upgrade to PHP 5 is in your future. The more you've heard about the exciting new features in PHP 5, the sooner that upgrade is probably going to be. Although an in-depth, soup-to-nuts reference guide to the language is good to have on hand, it's t the book an experienced PHP programmer needs to get started with the latest release. What you need is a lean and focused guide that answers your most pressing questions: what's new with the techlogy, what's different, and how do I make the best use of it? In other words, you need a copy of Upgrading to PHP 5. This new book is targeted toward PHP developers who are already familiar with PHP 4. Rather than serve as a definitive guide to the entire language, the book zeroes in on PHP 5's new features, and covers these features definitively. You'll find a concise appraisal of the differences between PHP 4 and PHP 5, a detailed look at what's new in this latest version, and you'll see how PHP 5 improves on PHP 4 code. See PHP 4 and PHP 5 code side-by-side, to learn how the new features make it easier to solve common PHP problems. Each new feature is shown in code, helping you understand why it's there, when to use it, and how it's better than PHP 4. Short, sample programs are included throughout the book. Topics covered in Upgrading to PHP 5 include: The new set of robust object-oriented programming features; An improved MySQL extension, supporting MySQL 4.1, prepared statements, and bound parameters; Completely rewritten support for XML: DOM, XSLT, SAX, and SimpleXML; Easy web services with SOAP; SQLite, an embedded database library bundled with PHP 5; Cleaner error handling with exceptions; Other new language features, such as iterators, streams, and more. Upgrading to PHP 5 won't make you wade through information you've covered before. Written by Adam Trachtenberg, coauthor of the popular PHP Cookbook, this book will take you straight into the heart of all that's new in PHP 5. By the time you've finished, you'll kw PHP 5 in practice as well as in theory.
- Author BiographyAdam Trachtenberg has an MBA from Columbia Business School. At business school, he focused on general management and operations, with an emphasis on the field of technology. Adam also has a BA from Columbia University. As an undergraduate, he majored in mathematics and his other studies included computer science and Chinese. Before returning to school, he co-founded and served as Vice President for Development at two companies, Student.Com and TVGrid.Com. At both firms, he led the front- and middle-end web site design and development, worked on corporate planning and strategy, and served as liaison between the product and marketing teams. During study breaks, Adam enjoys playing squash, reading fiction, and eating in New York City's many wonderful restaurants. He wishes he was a better at playing pool, knew the constellations, and was handy around the house.
- Author(s)Adam Trachtenberg
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication03/08/2004
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.