Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1973 the author undertook 42 expeditions in Tibet, the Himalayas, Karakorum, Kuen Lun, Tien Shan, Sayan Mountains, the Altai and other parts of High and Central Asia which contributed to a detailed kwledge about extension and thickness of the High Asian inland-ice. Geomorphological and Quaternary-geological (sedimentological) results as well as climate measurement of a cumulative 6 years of field research in High Asia are presented. The data gained is for the Last Glacial period (Marine Isotope Stage (MIS) 32). Geometric boundary conditions resulting from low latitude caused a substantial albedo-induced impact on the energy budget of the earth during glacial times. The vast extension of the ice-sheets and the high elevation (6000m asl) contributed to this. A substantial albedo-induced cooling of the atmosphere is inferred. From these findings the author has deduced his ice age development theory. This book summarizes and details the results of 39 years of ice age research.
- Author(s)Matthias Kuhle
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.