Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $130.02
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionEver since his first ride, Bryce has been obsessed with roller coasters. The hiss of the ride starting, the anticipation, the slow climb up that first steep hill, the pause just before the car careens over the steep drop. But when Bryce's sister Paige is diagsed with cancer, his life becomes one of the craziest roller coasters he would ever ride. His parents are suddenly distracted and stressed. It seems like Paige always gets her way. He has trouble keeping up with school. He misses out on time with his friends. And he worries about Paige. Will his family ever get back to rmal? With the help of his family, friends, and support group, Bryce starts to feel steadier and t so out of control. Together with his family, he gets through the ups, downs, twists, and flips of cancer. Includes a Note to Readers.
- Author BiographyThe authors share a passion for supporting patients and their families throughout the entire cancer journey. They consider themselves fortunate to be able to do this through their work at Seattle Children's Hospital, USA. This dedication, combined with learning so much from the amazing families they have worked with through the years, motivated them to collaborate and create a relatable resource for siblings. Julie Greves, CCLS, is a certified child life specialist at Seattle Children's Hospital. She has spent more than ten years working with pediatric oncology patients and their families. Julie graduated from the University of Puget Sound with a major in psychology and has pursued additional education in parenting children through illness. Katy Tenhulzen, CCLS, is a certified child life specialist who has had the opportunity to support pediatric hematology and oncology patients and families at Seattle Children's Hospital since 2002. She graduated from Colorado State University specializing in child life, human development, and family studies, and has pursued ongoing learning in the areas of behavior management and parent education. Fred Wilkinson, LICSW, has been an oncology social worker at Seattle Children's Hospital since 2001. He received his masters in social work from the University of Washington, and pursued additional education on supporting people who have experienced psychological trauma.
- Author(s)Fred Wilkinson,Julie Greves,Katy Tenhulzen
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Content NoteBlack and white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.