All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the vibrant world of Harlem, New York, as seen through the eyes of one little boy who lives there. Uptown . . . Harlem, New York. Chicken and waffles. Jazz. Home. Uptown is a rich mix of flavors, colors, sounds, and cultures that come together to create a vibrant community like other in the world. Seen through the eyes of one little boy who lives there, the details of life in Harlem are as joyous as a game of basketball on a summer's afteron and as personal as a trip to the barbershop where old-timers reminisce.Bryan Collier's spare, poetic text and beautiful, intricate illustrations evoke every aspect of Harlem, from the legendary Apollo Theater to chocolate-colored brownstones, weekend shopping on 125th Street, and the music of Duke Ellington. Uptown is the winner of the 2001 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award.
- Author BiographyBryan Collier began painting at the age of fifteen and earned a B.F.A. with honors from the Pratt Institute in New York. Mr. Collier lives in Harlem, where he directs mural programs throughout the city for any child who wants to paint. This is the first picture book he has both written and illustrated.
- Author(s)Bryan Collier
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width211 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.