All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the way urbicide is used to un/re-make Palestine, as well as how it is employed as a tool of spatial dispossession and control, this book examines contemporary political violence and destruction in the context of colonial projects in Palestine. The broader framework of the book is colonial and post- urban destruction urbanism; with a working hypothesis that there are links, gaps and blind spots in the understanding of urbicide discourse. Drawing on several examples from the Palestinian history of destruction and transformations, such as; Jenin Refugee Camp, Hebron Old Town, and Nablus Old Town, a methodological framework to identify urbicidal episodes is also generated. Advancing kwledge on one historical moment of the urban condition, the moment of its destruction, and enhancing the understanding of the Palestinian Israeli conflict from urbanistic/ architectonic and Urbicide / Spacio-cide perspectives through the use of case studies, this book will be essential reading for scholars and researchers with an interest in Urban Geography and Middle East Politics more broadly.
- Author BiographyNurhan Abujidi received her PhD in Architecture, urban design and regional planning from the Catholic University of Leuven Belgium. She is currently a visiting professor at the Catholic University of Leuven. She worked as Director, Research Director and International Relations Coordinator at the school of Architecture, San Jorge University Spain. She is Associate researcher with the COSMOPLIS research group on City, Culture and Society at the VUB Brussels Belgium working on the areas of military urbanism and Architecture of Resistance.
- Author(s)Nurhan Abujidi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note82 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.