All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionA journey from generation to generation from the trials of a heretic from the 16th Century to the imprisonment of a boy in a Japanese internment camp in Shanghai the 20th Century.
- Author BiographyMaurits Van der Veen was born in Shanghai, China. He spent his early teens in a Japanese Internment camp and was repatriated to Holland after the surrender of Japan. He completed secondary school, served with the Dutch Air Force then emigrated to Canada. In Canada, he took a variety of jobs, from mucker in a mine in Mayo, Yukon, to personnel clerk in Kemano, B.C. He moved on, signing up as a seaman, on an American freighter delivering grain to Japan, and later, as a purser on a small coastal freighter delivering freight up the coast of British Columbia. He attended the University of British Columbia School of Social Work, and worked as a field social worker for the Province of B.C. Later, he became the Director of Welfare for the Yukon Territory. He moved south to B.C. again and worked for the Federal Department of Corrections from where he eventually retired as warden of a Federal penitentiary. He lives in Vancouver during the summer and spends the winter months in southern California.
- Author(s)Maurits Van der Veen
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication11/03/2003
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.