Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML: A Practical Approach by Doug Rosenberg, Kendall Scott (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionApplied Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML: An Antated e-Commerce Example provides a practical, hands-on guide to putting use case methods to work in real-world situations. This companion workbook to Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML bridges the gap between the theory presented in the authors' first book, and the practical issues involved in the development of an internet/e-commerce application. Uniquely conceived as a workbook, featuring an e-commerce system for an on-line bookstore as a running example, the book dissects its design in detail, demonstrates the most common design mistakes, and reveals the correct solutions. The hands-on exercises give you the opportunity to detect, identify, and correct critical errors on your own, before reviewing the solutions provided in the book. The workbook is structured around the proven ICONIX Process, a streamlined approach to UML modeling designed to avoid analysis paralysis without skipping analysis and design. It presents the four key phases of this minimalist approach to use case driven design: domain modeling; use case modeling; robustness analysis; and sequence diagramming.For each of these topics, the book provides an overview, detailed discussion, top 10 mistakes, and a set of exercises for honing object modeling and design skills. Ather unique aspect of this book is the three chapters on reviews. The authors devote a chapter each to requirements review; preliminary design review; and critical design review. This focus on "designing quality in" by teaching how to review UML models fills a major gap in the published literature. The book shows you, by example, how to avoid more than 70 specific design errors as shown in the "Top 10" error lists on the inside covers and within each chapter. With the information, examples, and exercises in this book, you will develop the kwledge and skills you need to apply use case modeling more effectively to your next application. 0201432897B04302001
- Author BiographyDoug Rosenberg, of ICONIX Software Engineering, Inc., has been providing system development tools and training for nearly two decades, with particular emphasis on object-oriented methods. He developed a Unified Booch/Rumbaugh/Jacobson design method in 1993 that preceded Rational's UML by several years. He has produced over a dozen multimedia training courses on object technology, including COMPREHENSIVE COM and COMPLETE CORBA, and is the author of several Addison-Wesley titles. Kendall Scott is a UML trainer and consultant. With more than sixteen years of experience as a technical writer, he is skilled in converting complex, technical material into understandable and easy-to-use manuals.
- Author(s)Doug Rosenberg,Kendall Scott
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/03/1999
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width189 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.