Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionCzech media theorist Vilem Flusser (1920-91) coined the term technical image to describe the way in which images model texts in a world fundamentally changed and defined by industrialized modern culture. The fascinating collection of artists' projects assembled in Useful Pictures develops the tion of the technical image in a series of visual diagrams that exceed Flusser's wildest dreams - going beyond mere textual description or image mapping in order to make new connections and new sense through a hybridized visual language. The thirteen artists represented here present a series of iconic projects that combine image and text into a variety of complex diagrams that t only construe existing texts, but also propose new constructions and means of communication through radical cartography, comprehensive mapping, and thought-provokingly alternative visions.
- Author BiographyAdelheid Mers creates diagrams after texts, storytelling games, and organograms of institutions, and she occasionally curates exhibitions as well. She is associate professor in the Arts Administration and Policy Department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- PublisherWhiteWalls, Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhiteWalls, Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight340 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAdelheid Mers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.