Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionTechlogy is meant to make life easier and to raise its quality. Our interaction with techlogy should be designed according to human needs instead of us being required to adapt to techlogy. Even so, techlogy may change quickly and people and their habits change slowly. With the aim of supporting user acceptance of iTV, the focus of this book is on the usability of iTV applications. A method for developing interaction design patterns especially for new techlogies is presented for the first time. The main characteristics covered in this new approach are: systematic identification of recurrent design problems; usability as a quality criterion for design solutions; integration of designers into the pattern development process including identification of designers' needs, and iterative evaluation and optimisation of patterns to encourage designers to accept and use them; usability testing to identify proven design solutions and their trade-offs; presentation of specific design guidelines.
- Author BiographyTibor Kunert, PhD, has worked in the field of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) for the last 10 years. At the Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany, he focussed his research work on HCI for interactive media like interactive television. He managed several research and development projects with public and private television broadcasters. He taught and supervised numerous master students on HCI and usability engineering methods and practices, for example for television, web applications and in-car information systems. Dr. Kunert is the author of 18 scientific papers and an invited conference speaker He earned a PhD from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at the Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany. Presently he is working as HCI expert at Siemens AG in several international projects.
- Author(s)Tibor Kunert
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleHuman-Computer Interaction Series
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note315 black & white illustrations, 109 black & white tables, biography
- Weight508 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.