All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a valuable resource for any educator who is interested in reaching Lati students. The authors explore numerous ways to aid staff in viewing immigrants as an educational challenge rather than a problem and creating action programs that reach out to immigrants, who are often hesitant about interacting with teachers. The ideas included here permeate the entire school year and the activities coincide with holidays, which are integrated into the regular course curriculum. This book can be used creatively while planning daily activities. Includes: * Techniques to assist children prior to their arrival in school * Ideas to meet the needs of working families and those unfamiliar with the English language * 100 methods to reduce bias in the school and community Although aimed at Lati communities, the authors address the needs of all ethnic mirities with universal activities that will provide quality experiences for children, parents, and teachers.
- Author BiographyRobert Ricken, a retired school superintendent, is currently an adjunct professor of education at C.W. Post, Long Island University. Michael Terc is a retired assistant principal. In 1994, he was selected as the New York State Assistant Principal of the Year.
- Author(s)Michael Terc,Robert Ricken
- Date of Publication22/11/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight413 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.