All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionAction research is increasingly used as a means for teachers to improve their instruction, yet for many the idea of doing research can be somewhat intimidating. Using Action Research to Improve Instruction offers a comprehensive, easy-to-understand approach to action research in classroom settings. This engaging and accessible guide is grounded in sources of data readily available to teachers, such as classroom observations, student writing, surveys, interviews, and tests. Organized to mirror the action research process, the highly interactive format prompts readers to discover a focus, create research questions, address design and methodology, collect information, conduct data analysis, communicate the results, and to generate evidence-based teaching strategies. Engaging in these decision-making processes builds the skills essential to action research and promotes a deeper understanding of teaching practice. Special Features Include: -An Interactive Text -Reflection Questions and Activity Prompts -A Sample Action Research Report -Numerous Examples and Practice Examples -Numbered Sections for Cross Referencing This original text is a must-read for teachers interested in how they can use their current kwledge of instruction and assessment to meaningfully engage in action research.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Henning is Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Northern Iowa. He is also author of The Art of Discussion-based Teaching (Routledge, 2007). Jody M. Stone is Professor of Education at the University of Northern Iowa. James L. Kelly is Professor in the Department of Teaching at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Author(s)James L. Kelly,Jody M. Stone,John E. Henning
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.