All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a practical guide to the advanced features of the MPI (Message-Passing Interface) standard library for writing programs for parallel computers. It covers new features added in MPI-3, the latest version of the MPI standard, and updates from MPI-2. Like its companion volume, Using MPI, the book takes an informal, example-driven, tutorial approach. The material in each chapter is organized according to the complexity of the programs used as examples, starting with the simplest example and moving to more complex ones. Using Advanced MPI covers major changes in MPI-3, including changes to remote memory access and one-sided communication that simplify semantics and enable better performance on modern hardware; new features such as nblocking and neighborhood collectives for greater scalability on large systems; and mir updates to parallel I/O and dynamic processes. It also covers support for hybrid shared-memory/message-passing programming; MPI_Message, which aids in certain types of multithreaded programming; features that handle very large data; an interface that allows the programmer and the developer to access performance data; and a new binding of MPI to Fortran.
- Author BiographyWilliam Gropp is Director of the Parallel Computing Institute and Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Torsten Hoefler is Assistant Professor of Computer Science at ETH Zurich. Rajeev Thakur is Deputy Director in the Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory. Ewing Lusk is Argonne Distinguished Fellow Emeritus at Argonne National Laboratory.
- Author(s)Ewing Lusk,Rajeev Thakur,Torsten Hoefler,William Gropp
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleScientific and Engineering Computation
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note140 b&w illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.