All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionHow can apps be used to foster learning with literacy across the curriculum? This book offers both a theoretical framework for considering app affordances and practical ways to use apps to build students' disciplinary literacies and to foster a wide range of literacy practices. Using Apps for Learning Across the Curriculum * presents a wide range of different apps and also assesses their value * features methods for and apps related to planning instruction and assessing student learning * identifies favorite apps whose affordances are most likely to foster certain disciplinary literacies * includes resources and apps for professional development * provides examples of student learning in the classroom A website (www.usingipads.pbworks.com) with resources for teaching and further reading for each chapter, a link to a blog for continuing conversations about topics in the book (appsforlearningliteracies.com), and more enhance the usefulness of the book.
- Author BiographyRichard Beach is Professor Emeritus, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Minnesota, USA. David O'Brien is Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Minnesota, USA.
- Author(s)David O'Brien,Richard Beach
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.