All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionUsing Arabic is a guide to Arabic usage for students who have already acquired the basics of the language and wish to extend their kwledge. Focusing mainly on Modern Standard Arabic, it is divided into three clear sections on varieties of Arabic, grammar, and vocabulary. 'Varieties of Arabic' describes the linguistic situation in the Arab world, showing students variations in register through the use of authentic texts. The vocabulary section is designed t only to expand students' kwledge of Arabic words, but also to show them which words are most current, and which are appropriate to different registers. The final chapter provides an overview of Arabic grammar, giving many modern-day examples, and highlighting common errors. Clear, readable and easy to consult, Using Arabic will prove an invaluable reference for students seeking to improve their fluency and confidence in Arabic.
- Author BiographyMahdi Alosh is Associate Professor of Arabic in the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, Ohio State University.
- Author(s)Mahdi Alosh
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight570 g
- Width169 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.