All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCutters are a fun and easy way to create fabulous cake decorations. Here, Sandra Monger shows you how just a few basic cutters can be used to great effect to make a huge range of decorated cakes, from a stunning yet simple wedding cake to a magical fairy castle cake. There are 13 gorgeous designs to choose from in a variety of contemporary styles, each accompanied by step-by-step instructions, a comprehensive materials lists, and a fabulous photograph of the finished cake. The book also includes a useful guide to the various cake coverings and edibles used, including handy recipes for making your own; information on the materials and tools you need; and a basic techniques section on how to cover a cake, using different types of cutter, and creating a textured finish. This is a must-have resource for beginners as well as more accomplished sugarcrafters looking for ideas and inspiration for decorating cakes using cutters in fun and imaginative ways.
- Author BiographyIn 2000, Sandra Monger left her job as a Registered Nurse to follow her life-long passion for baking and cake decoration. She undertook the NVQ Level 2 City and Guilds Catering and Hospitality course at the City of Bath College in 2000, which lead on to studying the Awarding Body Consortium Pastry Cook and Patissiers Level 3 (Advanced) course the following year. Subsequently she studied an array of sugarcraft courses under the tutelage of sugarcraft guru Stephen Benison, and in 2002 established her own business, called Sandra Monger Exquisite Wedding and Occasion Cakes. Sandra went on to become the City of Bath's leading wedding and celebration cake designer and the recommended supplier to some of the leading venues in the South West. Not content to keep her skills to herself, Sandra gained a number of teaching qualifications and began teaching sugarcraft at Wiltshire College in 2007. Since 2008 she has designed and run a range of popular sugarcraft and cake decoration courses at the City of Bath College as well as running her own successful business. In 2012, Sandra was named Celebration Cake Maker of the Year at the British Baking Industry Awards.
- Author(s)Sandra Monger
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleThe Modern Cake Decorator
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note250 colour
- Weight340 g
- Width204 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.