All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionUsing Developmentally Appropriate Practices to Teach the Common Core: Grades PreK-3 provides current and prospective primary grade teachers with an understanding of the CCSS-ELA and CCSS-M that highlights their compatibility with developmentally appropriate practices (DAP), the instructional approach generally preferred by teachers of young children. The book begins by framing the CCSS as a distinct improvement over lengthy lists of academic content standards and as a carefully conceptualized and DAP-friendly set of curriculum guidelines. Next, the CCSS-ELA and CCSS-M for Grades K-3 are unpacked, analyzed, synthesized, and cross-referenced to key features of DAP. Finally, several hot topic issues-differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all learners, ensuring equitable access to the curriculum for English Language Learners, addressing assessment and accountability expectations, and educating parents and families about the CCSS and DAP-are prioritized and examined in depth. Using Developmentally Appropriate Practices to Teach the Common Core: Grades PreK-3 is a highly useful guide for both pre-service and in-service early childhood education teachers.
- Author BiographyDr. Lisa S. Goldstein, a former primary grade teacher, is Professor and Director of Teacher Education at Santa Clara University in Santa Clara, California.
- Author(s)Lisa S. Goldstein
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 73 black & white tables, 33 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.