All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is styled on a Cookbook, containing recipes - combined with free datasets - which will turn readers into proficient OpenRefine users in the fastest possible way. This book is targeted at anyone who works on or handles a large amount of data. No prior kwledge of OpenRefine is required, as we start from the very beginning and gradually reveal more advanced features. You don't even need your own dataset, as we provide example data to try out the book's recipes.
- Author BiographyRuben Verborgh is a PhD researcher in Semantic Hypermedia. He is fascinated by the Web's immense possibilities and tries to contribute ideas that will maybe someday slightly infl uence the way the Web changes all of us. His degree in Computer Science Engineering convinced him more than ever that communication is the most crucial thing for IT-based solutions. This is why he really enjoys explaining things to those eager to learn. In 2011, he launched the Free Your Metadata project together with Seth van Hooland and Max De Wilde, which aims to evangelize the importance of bringing your data on the Web. This book is one of the assets in this continuing quest. He currently works at ultimedia Lab, a research group of iMinds, Ghent University, Belgium, in the domains of Semantic Web, Web APIs, and Adaptive Hypermedia. Together with Seth van Hooland, he's writing Linked Data for Libraries, Archives, and Museums, Facet Publishing, a practical guide for metadata practitioners. Max De Wilde is a PhD researcher in natural language processing and a teaching assistant at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), in the department of Information and Communication Sciences. He holds a Master's in Linguistics from the ULB and an advanced Master's in Computational Linguistics from the University of Antwerp. Currently, he is preparing a doctoral thesis on the impact of language-independent information extraction on document retrieval. At the same time, he is working as full-time assistant and supervises practical classes for Master's level students in a number of topics, including database quality, document management, and the architecture of information systems.
- Author(s)Max De Wilde,Ruben Verborgh
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight211 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.