Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionUsing Peer Tutoring to Improve Reading Skills is a very practical guide, offering a straightforward framework and easy-to-implement strategies to help teachers help pupils progress in reading. A succinct introduction, it shows how schools can make positive use of differences between pupils and turn them into effective learning opportunities. Outlining the evidence base supporting peer tutoring approaches, it explores the components of the reading process and explains how peer tutoring in reading can be used with any method of teaching reading. Core topics covered include: * Planning and implementing peer tutoring * Getting your school on board * How to structure effective interaction * Training peer tutors and tutees * Paired Reading - cross-ability approaces * One Book for Two - fostering fluency, reading comprehension, and motivation * Reading in Pairs - cross and same-year tutoring * Supporting struggling readers * Involving families in peer tutoring * Evaluation and feedback. Illustrated throughout with practical examples from diverse schools across Europe, Using Peer Tutoring to Improve Reading Skills is an essential introduction offering easy-to-use guidelines that will support teachers in primary and secondary schools as they enhance pupil motivation and improve reading standards.
- Author BiographyKeith Topping is Professor of Educational and Social Research in the School of Education at the University of Dundee, UK, where he is Director of the Centre for Peer Learning. David Duran is Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology in the Faculty of Sciences of Education at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain. Hilde Van Keer is Professor in the Department of Educational Studies at Ghent University, Belgium.
- Author(s)David Duran,Hilde van Keer,Keith Topping
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.