All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerformance measurement is a very timely topic in the public and nprofit sectors of the United States and in many countries around the world. Executive and legislative initiatives have required public managers to identify performance measures, set performance targets, and report on their progress toward meeting performance goals. Funders have similarly asked nprofits to show results for the support provided them. Program managers and budget officers have eagerly sought help in designing performance measurement strategies and systems. Program evaluators can enhance current performance measurement efforts by bringing stakeholders together to clarify program goals and determine how best to report results.This volume critically reviews current design and use of performance measurement in public and nprofit programs. The authors describe the context surrounding design and implementation of performance measurement systems, discuss best practices in performance measurement, and provide examples of the use of performance measurement in all levels of government and the nprofit sector. This is the 75th issue of the quarterly journal New Directions for Evaluation.
- Author BiographyKATHRYN E. NEWCOMER is professor and chair in the Department of Public Administration at The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/1997
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight152 g
- Width149 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byKathyrn E. Newcomer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.44Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.