All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the information needs and the learning style preferences of today's high school students, the author builds a case for using pop culture (TV shows, fads, and current techlogy) to build integrated information skills lessons for students. Chapters include a rationale, a review of the current literature, and examples of units of study incorporating popular culture and techlogy. There is serious discussion in the media about today's youth, the Echo Boomers, and their connection with techlogy. Our high school students tell us that they have few meals with their families, that they want their teachers and their school's decision makers to listen to them and take their ideas seriously, and that they use the little free time they have to talk to or instant message with their friends or to play video games. Author and media critic Jon Katz says, Techlogy is youth culture. These kids are building a revolution. Techlogy is part of their ideology, their language, everything they do. Building on the information needs and the learning style preferences of today's high school students, the author builds a case for using pop culture (TV shows, fads and current techlogy) to build integrated information-skills lessons for students. Chapters include a rationale, a review of the current literature, and examples of units of study incorporating popular culture and techlogy. Grades 7-12.
- Author BiographyLinda D. Behen is the Library Director at St. Ursula Academy, Cincinnati, Ohio. She has received numerous grants and awards to enhance her library service, and has been a reviewer for several library journals including, Catholic Library World and The Book Report.
- Author(s)Linda D. Behen
- Date of Publication30/04/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight303 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.