All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionUsing Voice and Movement in Therapy is a practical and imaginative guide to the way in which physical movement and the expressive use of the voice can facilitate therapy. Paul Newham examines how massage, manipulation and dance, combined with vocal expression, can alleviate certain emotional, psychosomatic and psychological symptoms. His book provides practical support for n-clinical professionals, working as group leaders and facilitators, who aim to incorporate singing and vocal expression into their working method as a means to initiate social interaction and self-empowerment. The author draws on his own professional experience to describe therapeutic techniques and exercises which he has found to be effective, illustrating these with case studies. In particular, he focuses on the benefits of voicework for use with some of the most frequently occurring emotional, psychological and psychosomatic difficulties experienced by people in expressive therapy. This is the first of three volumes which will rectify the dearth of practical information on the therapeutic use of vocal expression within psychotherapy, arts therapies and group process. The three books will form an exploration of how singing and vocal sound-making can contribute to an artistically orientated psychotherapeutic process, and will be a source of inspiration for practitioners.
- Author BiographyPaul Newham is a voice and movement therapist and voice therapy trainer. He is the Founding Director of the International Association for Voice Movement Therapy and directs the professional training course in voice movement therapy at the London Voice Centre.
- Author(s)Paul Newham
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.