All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionAll pupils - able children included - need to be taught strategies to enable their thinking skills to progress. They also need help with developing different approaches to problem solving. A sustained piece of work that requires perseverance, logical strategies, and refinement of method and extension of the original task is t the same as a straightforward quick-fix type problem. Both types of problem solving need to be taught. This book presents a series of activities that can be used with whole classes to provide a curriculum for the teaching of problem solving and the development of thinking skills. Each tried and tested investigation is clearly explained with ideas on how to introduce the task to a class, full solutions and resource sheets. Activities include prisoners: a fun way of generating square numbers; handshakes: exploring arithmetic progressions; T-shape: an activity to lead pupils from numerical calculations to algebraic generalizations; frogs: encouraging systematic working and listing; and opposite corners: an advanced piece of work for independent learners.
- Author BiographyElaine Sellars and Sue Lowndes are experienced teachers and trainers who works across the UK in early years and key stages 1-4.
- Author(s)Elaine Sellars,Sue Lowndes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/02/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleA NACE/Fulton Publication
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.