CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help social work students gain a secure foothold in understanding aspects of law as applied to social work practice. It is t a law manual or full of complicated legal jargon remote from the everyday realities of practice, but rather brings the reader closer to safe, legally-appropriate social work. It t only covers recent changes to legislation such as The Children and Families Act 2014 and The Care Act 2014, but also other key areas of legislation and policy including human rights , youth justice, child protection and mental capacity. There are updates to case law and codes of practice and numerous case studies and reflective activities to help underpin kwledge and learning. Affordable, practical and tells you exactly what you need in order to pass assignments and prepare for practice. Key Updates include new information on: * The Children and Families Act 2014 * The Care Act 2014 * Working Together to Safeguard Children (2012) * Mental Capacity Act 2005 This book is in the Transforming Social Work Practice series. All books in the series are affordable, mapped to the Social Work Curriculum, practical with clear links between theory & practice and written to the Professional Capabilities Framework.
- Author BiographyBefore moving into social work education, Robert Johns worked for a number of years in a range of social work roles, predominantly in the public sector. His specialisms were youth justice and court-work, representing the interests of children involved in care proceedings. Academically, his major abiding interest has been social work law but he has also taught social policy and social work values and ethics, hence his latest book, Ethics and Law for Social Workers. Currently, he teaches at the University of East London, where has been Head of Social Work and programme leader for the qualifying MA offered in conjunction with the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. He is the author of Using the Law in Social Work, now in its sixth edition, Social Work, Social Policy and Older People and, most recently, Capacity and Autonomy.
- Author(s)Robert Johns
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.