Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most important Postclassic cities, Utatlan, in highland Guatemala, was excavated more than three decades ago. However, the data amassed by archaeologists have t been published until w. Details on architecture, pottery, burials, and artifacts, along with a focus on residential archaeology, make Utatlan: The Constituted Community of the K'iche' Maya of Q'umarkaj a significant contribution to Maya archaeology. Most information available on Utatlan focuses on the ceremonial center and igres the city of the commoners. Using the archaeological data, Utatlan attempts to determine the boundaries of the community and to characterize subdivisions within it. Evidence of indigeus nelite houses, rich burials, and grave goods unlike those found in contemporary sites reveals information about the supporting residence zone. In addition, Babcock applies the concept of constituted community, interpreting the archaeological data from a prehistoric context, and proposes a theoretical framework for interpreting prehistoric sites with respect to urbanism and political complexity. Utatlan: The Constituted Community of the K'iche' Maya of Q'umarkaj will be of interest to students and scholars of Mesoamerican anthropology, archaeology, and ethhistory.
- Author BiographyThomas F. Babcock is an anthropologist, physician, and consulting scholar at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
- Author(s)Thomas F. Babcock
- PublisherUniversity Press of Colorado
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Colorado
- Content Noteblack & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight683 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.