All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUtopia Limited , or The Flowers of Progress , is the second-to-last of Gilbert and Sullivan's fourteen collaborations, premiering on October 7, 1893. Gilbert's libretto satirises limited liability companies, and particularly the idea that a bankrupt company could leave creditors unpaid without any liability to its owners. It also lampoons the 'Stock Company Act' by imagining the absurd convergence of natural persons and legal entities. Utopia is performed much less frequently than most other Gilbert and Sullivan operas, mainly because the subject-matter and plot are too obscure for modern audiences.
- PublisherFaber Music Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber Music Ltd
- Weight454 g
- Width213 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.