All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Uyghurs are one of the oldest Turkic-speaking peoples of Central Asia. Their language is closely related to Uzbek, with which it shares a common ancestor. Modern Uyghur is spoken by about 11 million people in Xinjiang and 2 million people in Central Asia and elsewhere. This textbook offers beginning students a thematically organized and integrative approach to the Uyghur language that emphasizes communicative activities, step-by-step development of linguistic skills, and elements of Uyghur culture. A multimedia DVD includes audio that helps develop listening and speaking skills and videos filmed in different regions of Xinjiang, China.
- Author BiographyGulnisa Nazarova is a lecturer in Central Eurasian studies at Indiana University. Kurban Niyaz is a Uyghur language material developer at the Center for Languages of the Central Asian Region, Indiana University.
- Author(s)Gulnisa Nazarova,Kurban Niyaz
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight1225 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.