All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to cover beginning college levels of language instruction, Uzbek: An Elementary Textbook provides learners and instructors with a wide selection of materials and task-oriented activities to facilitate the development of language learning. It offers a thematically organized and integrative approach to the Uzbek language and its culture, including a functional approach to grammar, an emphasis on integrated skills development, and the use of authentic materials such as videos filmed in various regions of Uzbekistan. Uzbek: An Elementary Textbook contains one CD-ROM that includes authentic audio and video materials to accompany the text and integrated, interactive exercises and games, all in Flash format and all of which are keyed to the textbook. It includes a supplementary Cyrillic reader, an extensive glossary, and four-color illustrations and photographs throughout. Topics covered: The Uzbek alphabet, greetings and introductions, commands and requests, daily routines, etiquette, weather, family, money, food, clothing, travel, leisure, and medical matters. Minimum System Requirements: Intel[registered] Pentium[registered] III 1.2 6 GHz or faster processor (or equivalent); Mac OS 10.5 or higher, 512 MB of RAM, CD Drive, and, Speakers or headphones. On a PC, files will load automatically. On a Mac, double click on the disk icon. Then, double click on the program icon that looks like an f in a red square labeled Uzbek.
- Author BiographyNigora Azimova is a native of Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and is a language specialist at the Center for Languages of the Central Asian Region at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Nigora Azimova
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note561 color photos
- Weight1384 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.