All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUzbek is the national language of Uzbekistan, a central Asian country bordered by Kazakstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan (in the south) and the Aral Sea ( in the rth). A Turkic language, Uzbek has close to 20 million speakers in Uzbekistan, neighbouring countries (1 million in Afghanistan), and emigrant communities abroad. Formerly written in Cyrillic, Uzbek is presented here in the new official Roman alphabet to enable quick pronunciation. This compact guide allows those who are travelling to Uzbekistan to communicate and get around with ease in travel-related and daily life situations.
- Author BiographyNicholas Awde is a writer and regional consultant based in the Caucasus and Central Asia. Peter Maghashyan is a freelance journalist, analyst, and consultant on regional, political, and economic issues. He is based in Yerevan, Armenia.
- Author(s)Nicholas Awde,William Dirks
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note5,000 entries
- Weight203 g
- Width190 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.