All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn light of the discovery of Autoimmune Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants, or ASIA, Vaccines and Autoimmunity explores the role of adjuvants specifically aluminum in different vaccines and how they can induce diverse autoimmune clinical manifestations in genetically prone individuals. Vaccines and Autoimmunity is divided into three sections; the first contextualizes the role of adjuvants in the framework of autoimmunity, covering the mechanism of action of adjuvants, experimental models of adjuvant induced autoimmune diseases, infections as adjuvants, the Gulf War Syndrome, sick-building syndrome (SBS), safe vaccines, toll-like receptors, TLRS in vaccines, pesticides as adjuvants, oil as adjuvant, mercury, aluminum and autoimmunity. The following section reviews literature on vaccines that have induced autoimmune conditions such as MMR and HBV, among others. The final section covers diseases in which vaccines were kwn to be the solicitor for instance, systemic lupus erythematosus and whether it can be induced by vaccines for MMR, HBV, HCV, and others. Edited by leaders in the field, Vaccines and Autoimmunity is an invaluable resource for advanced students and researchers working in pathogenic and epidemiological studies.
- Author BiographyYehuda Shoenfeld is the Incumbent of the Laura Schwarz-Kipp Chair of Research of Autoimmune Diseases, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University in Tel Aviv, Israel. He is also Founder of the Center for Autoimmune Diseases, both at the Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, Israel. Nancy Agmon-Levin is a specialist in Clinical Immunology and Allergology, and serves as Deputy Head of the Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, Israel. She is also President of the Israel Association for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (IAACI). Lucija Tomljenovic is a Senior Postdoctoral Fellow in the Neural Dynamics Research Group at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight808 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLucija Tomljenovic,Nancy Agmon Levin,Yehuda Shoenfeld
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.