All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionVacuum techlogy finds itself in many areas of industry and research. These include materials handling, packaging, gas sampling, filtration, degassing of oils and metals, thin-film coating, electron microscopy, particle acceleration, and impregnation of electrical components. It is vital to design systems that are appropriate to the application, and with so many potential solutions this can become overwhelming. Vacuum Technique provides an overview of vacuum techlogy, its different design methodologies, and the underlying theory. The author begins with a summary of the properties of low-pressure gases, then moves on to describe mathematical modeling of gas transfer in the vacuum system, the operation of pumps and gauges, computer-aided synthesis and analysis of systems, and the design of different vacuum systems. In particular, the author discusses the structure and characteristics of low, middle, high, and superhigh vacuum systems, as well as the characteristics of joints, materials, movement inputs, and all aspects of production techlogy and construction standards. Using specific examples rather than describing the various elements, Vacuum Technique supplies engineers, technicians, researchers, and students with needed expertise and a comprehensive guide to designing, selecting, and using an appropriate vacuum system for a specific purpose.
- Author BiographyProfessor L N Rozanov is Head of the Department of Information Machinery Technology of St Petersburg Technical University. His research interests include adsorption pumps, leak detection and computer-aided design of vacum systems.
- Author(s)L. N. Rozanov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note70 tables, 200 line drawings, references, index
- Weight775 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Volume editorMarsbed H. Hablanian
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.