Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe sports business has become one of the fastest-growing industries in recent years. Sports organizations w have the potential to generate massive amounts of revenue through a variety of different channels, including broadcasting rights, advertising and branding. However, the rise of sports-related business has so far received relatively little attention from management scholars and social scientists. This book argues that we can longer afford to igre this important ecomic and social phemen. It presents a conceptual framework based on the concept of value creation to show how we can understand and explain the success and failure of sports organizations. Key concepts are illustrated with case studies of sporting organizations, including Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and the Americas Cup. Written by a team of authors from one of Spain's leading business schools, it provides a unique set of theoretical and practical insights for researchers and sports organization managers.
- Author BiographySandalio Gomez is Professor of Managing People in Organizations and Chairman of the Center for Sport Business Management (CSBM) at IESE Business School, Madrid. Kimio Kase is Senior Lecturer of Strategic Management at IESE Business School, Madrid. Ignacio Urrutia is Dean of Antonio de Nebrija University, Madrid. He is also Senior Lecturer of Accounting and Control at IESE Business School, Madrid.
- Author(s)Ignacio Urrutia,Kimio Kase,Sandalio Gomez
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/07/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note70 b/w illus. 35 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.