All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionEngineers and scientists often need to sell an invative idea for a new product to top management. Those who occupy product planning positions also need to be constantly scanning ideas for improving value. The engineer as product planner must learn to think like its major competitor using customer value as a guide. This book provides essential support for engineers and scientists who are required to make realistic business cases for new product concepts.
- Author BiographyH.E. Cook, formerly Head of the Department of General Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is a member of the National Academy of Engineering, a Fellow of the Society of Automotive Engineers, and a Fellow of ASM. He set the vision for the newly inaugurated M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Systems and Entrepreneurial Engineering within the General Engineering Department that led to the merger with Industrial Engineering and the formation of a new department named Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering. While a member of the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Dr Cook held the Grayce Wicall Gauthier and later the Joseph Gauthier Professorships. Originally a theorist in materials science, his current research and teaching interests are in the broad aspects of product/technology management including product planning, value analysis, marketing research, design and analysis of strategic experiments (Six Sigma), and advanced quality systems. Dr Cook has also held a variety of research, engineering and management positions during 17 years in the automotive industry at Ford and Chrysler. He is a consultant to Birchwood Consultants International Ltd., and a member of the Science and Technology Advisory Board of General Motors. L.A. Wissmann has worked for the Ford Motor Company as a Vehicle Engineer, and has spent time at General Motors as a Visiting Scientist in the Department of Customer Driven Quality, where he helped to develop new methods for building business cases for new technologies in the R&D pipeline. During this period he was also pursuing a Ph.D. at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering. He is currently employed by Hamilton Sundstrand.
- Author(s)Harry Cook,L.A. Wissmann
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 89 black & white tables, biography
- Weight332 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.