Value-Driven IT Management: Caommercializing the IT Function by Iain Aitken (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.19+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionValue-Driven IT Management explains how huge sums are wasted by companies (and governments) on poorly aligned, poorly justified and poorly managed IT projects based on 'wishful thinking' cost and benefit assumptions and that even 'successful' projects rarely seem to realise the benefits promised. The author contends that the root cause of the disappointment and disillusion often found in senior management with the value extracted from its IT investments is a complacent corporate culture that can actually foster uncommercial behaviours in both users and internal suppliers of IT solutions. The author sets out a detailed, pragmatic framework for commercialising the internal IT Function and measuring its value to the business. This is t to be achieved by deploying conventional IT best practices or by making the IT Function look like an external service provider. Instead the author proposes that the IT Function should transform its value to the business by embracing a small set of best value practices that will engender more commercial behaviours in both IT staff and users and will focus the IT Function's energies on delivering successful business outcomes that will win the respect of senior management.
- Author BiographyIain Aitken is the Managing Director of Iambic Consulting Ltd. He entered the IT industry directly after obtaining his degree in Computer Science from Edinburgh University and now has 27 years of experience in the industry, including 17 years working as a management consultant with the 'Big 5' consultancy firms. His key consultancy clients over the years have included Marks & Spencer, J Sainsbury, Reuters, The Royal Mail, Barclays Bank, Cable & Wireless, and Lloyds of London. He has published a number of articles in the national and computer press on various topics IT topics and has spoken at numerous conferences and seminars in Britain and abroad, principally on the topics of IT value, benchmarking, and control. He has specialised in the performance improvement of large IT functions, whether that be by reducing costs, improving quality, improving productivity, or enhancing the value.
- Author(s)Iain Aitken
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2003
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.