All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book encourages readers to reflect on the nature and values of health care practice through its challenging but accessible style. It will be a stimulating and thought-provoking read for anyone involved in day-to-day health care. - Professor Jane Wills, London South Bank University [This book] offers frameworks and guidance that all health care workers will find stimulating and challenging and that all of them will benefit by considering. - Professor Linda Jones, Open University Why is thinking about values and ethics a crucial component of health care training and practice? How can we go about engaging in such thinking? Values, Ethics and Health Care responds to these essential questions. It examines key ethical frameworks and debates within the field of healthcare, locating them firmly in their social and occupational contexts. Guiding students through a range of dilemmas and difficulties encountered in health care practice with case studies and real-life examples, this lively text illustrates how to apply kwledge to professional practice and decision-making. Key features of the book: - Offers a critical and reflective understanding of health care ethics and values - Presents an interprofessional approach - Relates theory to 'everyday' ethics - Includes student-friendly features such as real-life examples, 'thinking about' points and links to further reading. The book will be essential reading for undergraduates taking modules in Values, Ethics and Professional Practice as part of health studies degree programmes. It will also be useful for postgraduates as well as practitioners in the field.
- Author BiographyPeter Duncan is Programme Director for the Postgraduate Programmes in Health Promotion and Health and Society at King's College London.
- Author(s)Peter Duncan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.